Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Art of Homemaking

My parents passed through Utah on their way home from my sister Jessalyn's this last weekend, and as is tradition me and Mom shopped the local Deseret Industries. It is a habit of mine to always, always, always check the book section for yet another copy of Fascinating Womanhood. I will find a copy every few months and on rare occasion, as was this, I find a hardback version. As I was standing in front of the books showing my mother, she picked up a book that she recognized from years earlier named The Art of Homemaking. I recognized the title and thought it would be a fun read.
After my parents left I picked the book up and poured over the pages. I was hooked. I just love the old fashioned and CORRECT way of thinking. I love the way they just state the simple truth with no concern over "political correctness" and NO apologies. I feel a little silly that it has taken printed pages to teach me things that I should already know, and in a way I do know. However, this book has changed my attitude towards house work and given me a new motivation for my job as wife and homemaker.
I am indebted to my grandmother for introducing me to Fascinating Womanhood, a book that changed my world forever. Now I have found a new "printed treasure" that is changing my world all over again. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father that knows what the next step is for me and gives me such beautiful and simple maps to follow. I will now have another book to look for at Deseret Industries, so if you want one let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment